GWX Control Panel 188.8.131.52
- Removed a misleading alert that was appearing on some computers with "clean" Windows installs that had not yet encountered Windows 10 symptoms. This was a dialog box I had added while I was testing a fix I had implemented in version 184.108.40.206 but ended up not needing. The alert was harmless, but wasn't supposed to appear in the final release, so now it's gone.
版本下載：GWX Control Panel 220.127.116.11
GWX Control Panel 18.104.22.168
- Fixes issues that can occur if third-party tools or scripts break permissions on some Windows 10-related registry keys.
- Now checks for the "Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates" setting of Windows Update, since this can leave you vulnerable to some known Windows 10 update patches.
- Added the ability to enable/disable the "recommended updates" setting in the Change Windows Update Settings dialog.
版本下載：GWX Control Panel 22.214.171.124
GWX Control Panel 126.96.36.199
- You can now block the Microsoft Get Windows 10 icon app even if it isn't currently installed. Previous versions of the program disabled the "Disable Get Windows 10 App" button if the app couldn't be found. But now you can preemptively disable it in the event that the KB3035583 patch gets installed on your PC subsequent to running GWX Control Panel. The text changes to "Prevent Get Windows 10 app" in this case.
- For users of the GWX Control Panel installer (versus stand-alone), the Check for Updates feature now checks with UltimateOutsider.com to see if a new version is available and downloads/installs the new version at user's request. Stand-alone users will still just have a button that takes you to the Downloads page. (I don't know a reliable/elegant way to upgrade a stand-alone copy, while upgrading is easy with the installer.) Note: For about a half hour there was a version posted that didn't give any "You're already running the most recent version" indication if that turns out to be the case. That was confusing, and I fixed it immediately. So basically if you check for updates and nothing seems to happen, it might mean you're running the 188.8.131.52 version that was up temporarily, and you might have to do a manual download. Sorry!
- Note: The Enable/Disable Monitor Mode and Display the User Guide buttons have moved. (Making room for an upcoming feature.)
- Fixed some unexpected behavior that could occur if a user chose not to allow GWX Control Panel admin rights if required to perform an action.
- Some optimizations in all recursive file operations (hopefully improving performance and success rate of massive delete operations).
- No longer displays "Change Windows Update Preferences" dialog on computers where users have not yet configured their Windows Update settings; instructs them to set up Windows Update first instead.
- Improved internal performance of diagnostic logging.
- Program no longer crashes when run on Windows Vista. (Note: GWX Control Panel serves no purpose on Vista; Microsoft does not target that OS for Windows 10 upgrades. I just didn't want my program crashing when Vista users tried to run it.)
- To eliminate some odd timing issues caused by users having Monitor Mode enabled for both All Users and Current User at the same time, the installer now makes sure that only "All Users" is enabled. (This only applies to upgrades, and only where Monitor Mode was already enabled.)
- For debugging purposes, installer now saves a log file in the install directory, named install_log.txt.
- The installer is now based on NSIS 2.5, which has some security improvements over previous versions.
- LOTS of under-the-hood refactoring and optimizations in preparation for some future plans.
版本下載：GWX Control Panel 184.108.40.206
GWX Control Panel 220.127.116.11
- The new Delete Windows 10 Programs feature gives you the ability to delete some hard-to-remove Windows 10-related applications with just a couple of mouse clicks.
- GWX Control Panel now monitors your Windows Update preferences and alerts you if your settings switch to "install updates automatically" mode from one of the other settings that give you more control over your updates. Also, you can now check and change your Windows Update preferences with the new Change Windows Update Settings feature.
- The program no longer prompts you for restarts after you perform certain operations, due to improved handling of certain system settings.
- Much more detailed "Save diagnostic info" reports tell you exactly which settings GWX Control Panel detected on your system.
- Much better user experience for computers with multiple Windows profiles and Standard/Child user accounts.
版本下載：GWX Control Panel 18.104.22.168
GWX Control Panel 22.214.171.124
版本下載：GWX Control Panel 126.96.36.199