* Fix error Favicons is version 32 with Google Chrome 51
* Fix cleaning of Thumbnails in new Chromium and Google Chrome
* Fix crash with corrupt BleachBit.ini
* Fix error UNIQUE constraint failed error cleaning Firefox
# Specific to Linux
- Update EasyTAG cleaner
- Update Epiphany cleaner
- Update Evolution cleaner
- Update GNOME cleaner
- Update KDE cleaner for KDE 4 on openSUSE
- Update Rhythmbox cleaner
- Update Thumbnails cleaner
- Update Transmission cleaner
- Update X11 cleaner
- Switch from GnomeVFS, which is deprecated, to GIO
- Do not repeat Google Chrome cache in preview
- Fix retention of translations for Chinese
- Whitelist iBus Pinyin
- Add .deb package for Ubuntu 16.04
- Add .rpm package for Fedora 24.
# Specific to Windows
- Fix cleaning of files with dollar sign ($) in name
- Support ExcludeKey filter in Winapp2.ini
- Fix support for the pattern *.extension with FileKey in Winapp2.ini
- Downgrade exception notice for getting special folders
- Make regex filter in CleanerML case insensitive on Windows
- Fix error [Errno 2] No such file or directory when cleaning Windows Explorer - Thumbnails more than once in a row
- Fix the harmless error Error in execution of Command to delete C:Windows emp\_avast_AvastLock.txt with Avast antivirus
- Update SQLite.dll 220.127.116.11 to 3.11.1
- Update NSIS to 2.51, which hardens the installer against DLL hijacking
- Resolved false positive Packer.Generic!c with AegisLab antivirus
- Submit BleachBit for whitelisting with ESET antivirus to address slowness when running with ESET
- Add type attribute to CleanerML
- Add new action process to CleanerML to run external commands
- Add wholeregex/nwholeregex filters to CleanerML
- Move GitHub repositories bleachbit-misc and winapp2.ini to the new BleachBit organization in GitHub. More will follow.
- Clean passwords on Firefox version 32+.
- Clean Google Chrome cookies for non-default profiles.
- Clean more autofill on Google Chrome (reported by pcdoctor01). If you are logged in to Google Chrome, it may automatically restore some of these values from your online Google account unless you disable the option Show addresses and credit cards from Google Payments in the autofill page of Google Chrome settings.
- Add size column to side tree control (thanks to Ivor Hewitt).
- BleachBit 1.9.3 on Windows 10 showing Firefox preview
- Add an option to show file sizes as IEC units (1 KiB = 1024 bytes) instead of SI units (1 kB = 1000 bytes; thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- BleachBit 1.9.3 on Windows 10 showing the Preferences dialog
- Speed up identification of files using regular expressions by 5% to 50%
- Allow relative paths with --shred command line argument (reported by Eva Putnam).
- Add descriptions for cleaners (thanks to theatre-x).
- Fix resizing of preference dialog (thanks to Anton Bobov).
- Warn when deleting passwords on Firefox (reported by Theatre-X).
- Accept abbreviations T and F in bleachbit.ini configuration (reported by Ken Wallace).
- Show a user-friendly error message when checking for updates fails because of a network error (reported by Gary).
- Improve logging of errors. Some errors are more informative, and on Windows, errors are unlikely to cause a popup message about bleachbit.exe.log.
- The primary download mirror now secures connections using HTTPS. (This is in addition to the digital signatures on Windows executables and PGP-signed hashes.)
# Specific to Linux
- Clean more localizations (thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- Add localization codes (thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- Add .rpm installation package for Fedora 22.
- Fix memory cleaning on Ubuntu 15.10 and other distributions (reported by Richard Pearse).
- Fix harmless error that localizations.xml is unusable (thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- Do not show localizations at the base level (reported by BBUser).
- Do not show Windows Explorer cleaner on Linux (reported by Tomás F. L.).
- Fulfill Fedora license file location change.
- Do not delete xauth under KDE (reported by mike).
- Remove deprecated key encoding in bleachbit.desktop.
- Drop support for Mandriva, which is dead.
- Do not show cleaner is unusable message in the console (except when debug mode is enabled or in non-final releases).
# Specific to Windows
- Show the User Access Control on Windows 10. This helps elevate BleachBit to administrator privileges. (reported by Mike L.).
- Fix handling of Windows 10 in Winapp2.ini in DetectOS= .
- Avoid error pop-up message when exiting application after cleaning non-removable directory (reported by ineuw, goingoin, michael54854 ).
- Avoid pop-up error message when exiting application after exhaust rename.
- Fix cleaning of MRU for Adobe Reader versions 5-11 (reported by Arkwright).
- Update to NSIS installer to version 2.50.
- Fix error in same_partition(...) when Microsoft Office Starter 2010 is installed, which creates an inaccessible virtual drive Q: (reported by goingoin).
- Add a new shortcut BleachBit No UAC, which starts BleachBit without requesting administrator privileges using the User Access Control dialog.
- BleachBit 1.9.3 beta in the Windows 10 start menu
- Remove an extra shortcut from the Start menu.
- In Preferences, there is a new option "Confirm before delete" that disables the confirmation (thanks to codesomniare).
- When BleachBit starts, the window is centered.
- The tool "Shred Settings and Quit" in the File menu is fixed.
- Added cleaning for Opera passwords (Linux support thanks to theatre-x).
- Shrink storage size of BleachBit icon.
- Add descriptions to many cleaners (thanks to theatre-x).
- Add a new command line option --debug-log that logs debug messages to a file.